- Can I remove mould myself or should I call a professional?
- What about special items? Artwork, china, heirlooms, etc.
- What are some safety concerns after smoke and fire damage in my home?
Mould can be a serious issue. A small patch of mould on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but if mould issues persist after you’ve cleaned and performed prevention tactics, it’s time to call in the experts. For larger mould issues and toxic black mould removal, leave it to the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore for safe and effective mould removal and clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mould remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mould issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mould as well as larger spaces, both commercial and residential.
Some high-value items require restoration by specialists. Working with your insurance claim representative, we can help you identify these items and locate a qualified restorer.
Occupant and worker safety is ServiceMaster Restore’s top priority. During the initial inspection, safety hazards are identified and addressed, including debris removal, air quality, electrical issues, slip and trip hazards, etc. Burnt electrical appliances are separated out for disposal, and questionable electrical appliances are unplugged and tagged for evaluation of safe operation. Electrical power may have to be turned off until evaluation by a licensed electrician is completed.